A well established electrical contractor in Maryland has an immediate opening for a Safety Director to join our team for the purpose of managing safety and health expectations at projects and facilities in the Metro DC/MD/VA area. We are looking for a self-motivated, team player, who can work with staff and customers to enhance our safety and health management system.
- Develop, implement, and promote company safety & health management system;
- Provide necessary Leadership and inter-department collaboration to ensure profitable and successful safety outcomes;
- Re-assess and modify internal safety and health management system programs;
- Develop Key Performance Indicators to evaluate effectiveness of safety and health management system using established goals;
- Develop and implement safety recognition program;
- Implement proper record management system for all lines of liability insurance, worker’s compensation claims management, and OSHA compliance reporting
- Report to proper authority as required all general liability, worker’s compensation, auto liability, and OSHA incidents
- Lead tracking and investigation details of accidents and injuries, and ensure corrective actions are implemented and tracked through close claim management
- Perform and coordinate all necessary safety training
- Act as liaison between the company and the insurance claims departments, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders
- Manage restricted and modified return to work for employees and coordinate with insurance company, human resources, and employee.
- Electrical construction safety background or related environment commensurate with the requirements for Certified Safety Professional certification
- Working knowledge of all applicable regulations including OSHA, USACE and EPA etc.
- Experience in development of safety plans, AHA’s and other documentation
- Ability to coordinate, document and organize training
- Experience and ability to coordinate and document inspection schedules, reports and follow up.
- Team player with strong communication skills and the ability to interact with peers, customers, subcontractors and management.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and work independently
- Ability to multi task and work remotely at job sites while visiting multiple projects
- Ability to identify potential hazards and address them before they cause safety incidents
- Experience developing and implementing Occupational Safety and Health training programs
- Bachelors Degree in Safety or related field
- 5-10 Years of experience in construction safety management
- CSP designation is preferred or other appropriate certification
- OSHA 500, 30 and 10 Hour Outreach Instructor
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
Full time permanent position. Salary based on qualifications. Benefits include Health Plan, vacation, paid holidays, etc.
How to Apply: Email CV to Jerry E. Rivera at email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans