Is your company looking for a qualified Safety Professional? Contact Rob Matuga to have your position posted here!
Note: Recruiter – Please include the date in which the job ad should be removed from the site. If no expiration date is submitted with the job request it will be removed 30 days after publishing.
Safety Director – Commercial Electrical Contractor (Metro DC/MD/VA)
Posted: May 02, 2017
A well established electrical contractor in Maryland has an immediate opening for a Safety Director to join our team for the purpose of managing safety and health expectations at projects and facilities in the Metro DC/MD/VA area. We are looking for a self-motivated, team player, who can work with staff and customers to enhance our safety and health management system.
- Develop, implement, and promote company safety & health management system;
- Provide necessary Leadership and inter-department collaboration to ensure profitable and successful safety outcomes;
- Re-assess and modify internal safety and health management system programs;
- Develop Key Performance Indicators to evaluate effectiveness of safety and health management system using established goals;
- Develop and implement safety recognition program;
- Implement proper record management system for all lines of liability insurance, worker’s compensation claims management, and OSHA compliance reporting
- Report to proper authority as required all general liability, worker’s compensation, auto liability, and OSHA incidents
- Lead tracking and investigation details of accidents and injuries, and ensure corrective actions are implemented and tracked through close claim management
- Perform and coordinate all necessary safety training
- Act as liaison between the company and the insurance claims departments, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders
- Manage restricted and modified return to work for employees and coordinate with insurance company, human resources, and employee.
- Electrical construction safety background or related environment commensurate with the requirements for Certified Safety Professional certification
- Working knowledge of all applicable regulations including OSHA, USACE and EPA etc.
- Experience in development of safety plans, AHA’s and other documentation
- Ability to coordinate, document and organize training
- Experience and ability to coordinate and document inspection schedules, reports and follow up.
- Team player with strong communication skills and the ability to interact with peers, customers, subcontractors and management.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and work independently
- Ability to multi task and work remotely at job sites while visiting multiple projects
- Ability to identify potential hazards and address them before they cause safety incidents
- Experience developing and implementing Occupational Safety and Health training programs
- Bachelors Degree in Safety or related field
- 5-10 Years of experience in construction safety management
- CSP designation is preferred or other appropriate certification
- OSHA 500, 30 and 10 Hour Outreach Instructor
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
Full time permanent position. Salary based on qualifications. Benefits include Health Plan, vacation, paid holidays, etc.
How to Apply: Email CV to Jerry E. Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans